Thursday, 27 November 2008

Evaluation Questions

My finalised media product features conventions that I feel are similar to and differ from existing magazines. For example the the use of a main medium close up picture on the front cover is a usual technique featured on front covers but the way I have arranged this picture to be centralised with a coloured background I feel challenges this convention. I have featured a sky-box with the name of the school and also on the ears of the magazine the school motif and clip-art picture of holly, connotating the christmas theme.Keeping the colour theme of maroon, (one of the school colours) and same font of text is usual throughout magazines and I have chosen to do so in voice.

The title of my magazine "voice" has been chosen to represent the student "voice" which my magazine is aiming to give.


Overall the target audience of my magazine is not a conventional one that is written for, but for the age group of teenagers I have tried to represent them suitably. I have featured two teenagers on the front cover, and tried to keep a modern approach to the magazine with my white text in a very unformal font.

Media institution that would distribute my prodcut would definetly be schools, as this is the only guarenteed way on distrubuting the product to the right market of Wilmington Grammar Sixth Formers. Although my magazine is aimed pricisley for this audience, the magazine may also be read by parents and other atendees of the school.

I have tried to attract my intended audience

No comments: